Monday, November 9, 2009

Nichelle Nichols on "Inside Space"

(Click on images to enlarge.)

You can talk about anything, Nichelle, and I'm captivated.




From the video-production trade magazine "Producer" comes this circa-1993 article on the making of the "Inside Space" program from the then-new Sci-Fi channel. Of note because it featured the lovely Nichelle Nichols, I of course clipped it and put it in my scrapbook.












The article is incomplete as I didn't save the last page. It just got too dry with all the technical jargon and never went back to Nichelle.

The fantastic photo below is not from my collection (sadly) but I found it on the Retrospace blog, located here. The page is from a 1969 cover article on Nichelle that features many good pics! But this one can't be beat for sheer awesomeness.



I'm envious of that bicycle seat.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to check out Nichelles new thriller - http://thetorturer.com!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to check out Nichelles new thriller - http://thetorturer.com!

Jay said...

Two things instantly come to mind - (a) circa 1993 Nichelle Nichols looked like a million dollars, and (b) I am very nostalgic for the early days of the Sci-Fi Channel, its fairly clunky original programming, and its oodles and oodles of prematurely cancelled network TV series reruns. I can remember walking down the hall of my dorm at 5 o'clock on any given weekday during my sophomore year of college and hearing "The Incredible Hulk" on every TV in every room.

girl6 said...

Nichelle Nichols is a timeless beauty. I wonder if that is Leonard Nimoy's bike--the one that Shatner teased him mercilessly about?

Iddy said...

Frederick, you're sooo in tune! Yes, the truck bearing down on Nichelle is definitely a COTEOF flashback :0 Look out Nichelle!!

~iddy

Bluejay Young said...

Remember when she used to sell cosmetics on one of the shopping channels? I could sit there and watch/ listen to her for hours.